This is a follow-up to our most recent post, Last Minute Holiday Pre-Party Cleaning Tips for the Office. In case you missed it, we recommend you check it out. With that said, allow us to offer you these tips for managing the after-party cleanup process.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- Trash bags
- Rubber Gloves
- Sanitizing wipes
- A vacuum
- Soapy hot water and a sponge
1. Start at the top, again! If you remember our last post, then you’ll remember to clean the shelves first. Then, move to table tops and anything else that’s been used as a stand or something to hold things like drinks and food. What you need to do is work with gravity, and let everything fall to the floor.
2. Pick up any big things laying on the floor that a vacuum wouldn’t be able to handle. Things like boxes, wrapping paper, cups, plates, silverware, etc. Take them, put them in trash bags, and set them aside somewhere out of the way.
3. Now, get that hot soapy water ready and wipe down all of the surfaces. This includes tabletops, countertops, desks, window sills, etc. You want to hit the especially dingy spots to ensure no bacteria can grow.
4. Once the surfaces have dried, repeat step 3 with sanitizing wipes. Wipe down all of the surfaces to really make sure things are nice and clean.
5. Vacuum the floor. Be sure you pick up any debris left over from steps 1-4. Stay on the lookout for things like dustbunnies, crumbs, stray wrappers and pieces of things, etc.
6. If there are any stains on the carpet, you’ll need a carpet cleaner. You should be able to rent one if you or your coworkers don’t already own one. Get the carpet cleaner and blast those stains out of the floor.
7. Reorganize the room. Put things back the way they were before the party. Chances are, you held the festivities in a conference room. So put the table and phones back where they belong; return the chairs; and make sure nothing else is out of place.
8. Finally, dump the hot water and take out the trash.
Congratulations, you’ve just successfully cleaned up after your office’s holiday party!
If you need any more cleaning tips, feel free to browse the rest of our blog. If you need a professional cleaning service to perform commercial cleaning after your Philadelphia area office party, give us a call today!