Aromatherapy in the Office: Rid Your Space of Bad Smells!April 3, 2017
How to Thoroughly Clean Your KeyboardApril 3, 2017
At Mac’s Janitorial Services, we want to make sure that we meet all of your commercial cleaning services needs in Philadelphia. So, we will not only work with you to create the perfect program for your needs and budget, but we will even offer valuable tips to use in between our visits to ensure the cleanliness of your property.
First and foremost, we recommend that you take a moment and imagine you are a client entering the office. Walk around the office and make note of any areas that are cluttered, or just plain messy. Be sure to follow the same path that the client might take and to be unbiased. Don’t make excuses for any area or person, because your clients won’t. After your initial assessment, follow these tips to make sure your office is as clean as you can make it without us.
- Organize those loose papers piled around the office and on desks. Paperwork piles can look messy and lead to time-consuming issues whenever your employees need to find needed files. Try using filing cabinets and desktop trays, or go paperless and scan everything to store electronically.
- Dust and wipe your electronics to keep them clean. Using disinfectant sprays or wipes can also cut down on the rate of cross-infections when your employees start to get sick.
- Empty trash cans and small waste buckets as often as needed. Don’t be afraid to take those bags out to the dumpster either, instead of piling them up in a corner and waiting for us to gather them for you. We are more than happy to do so if you would prefer, but your clients may not understand your aversion to the dumpster as much as we will.
- Disinfect the restrooms daily; they are a high traffic area and do not take long to look unkempt. Simple steps will get them through to our next visit without making people squirm when they open the door. Wipe the toilet seats and lids, clean off the sink and counter areas, and refill the soap dispensers, paper towels and toilet paper whenever needed. And if someone leaves a mess on the floor, don’t be afraid to grab a broom.
- Make sure your employees keep the break room clean and presentable. This means having them wash, dry and put away dishes immediately after they use them. The counters and refrigerator should also be clean and organized. Have employees write their names on the food they place in the fridge, that way when the it starts taking on a life of its own, the owner can be easily tracked down to slay the beast.
- Above all, keep all public areas respectable. Some of the people walking into your office will never make it past these areas, so if that’s the only impression they will get of your business, make sure it’s a good one.
Follow these steps and your office is sure to impress almost as much as it does after one of our visits. And if you should need a commercial cleaning for your Philadelphia office sooner than planned, give Mac’s Janitorial Services a call at (215) 792-2228.